Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to the bobbin with Prudent Baby {Sewing projects from 2010}

 Happy New Year! It's been a while since my last post but I have been a really busy. Promise! I had a bit of a sewing marathon at the end of 2010 and had made a list of projects from my favorite blogs that I was desperate determined to get done. To get started, this snuggly blanket was inspired by a easy peasy tutorial I found here. I just loved this fabric so much and wanted to use it for something I would use all the time.











 I added my own little twist by making a "quilting" effect on the fabric like so.






My son also needed a snuggly blanket but is a bit of a living furnace so I chose a lighter minky fabric. I'm not gonna lie. It's a hard fabric to manage, especially when making something so big.








I am now introducing our new Graco Tot Block Playard in black.  Our current solution to protecting an exploring baby and from a very active little boy. It has been great! The downside WAS that sheets were hard to find a pretty penny at that. So I found a fabulous tutorial and tweaked it to the size I needed and now my daughter has a beautiful unique sheet. This fabric is so whimsical and fun. I purchased it not long ago at JoAnn's.






My daughter makes lovely drool bombs all day long so I found some cute fabric in "the stash" and made her these practical and cute bibs from this tutorial here.


I had a blast checking lots of projects off my list and I have to give all of my props to Prudent Baby.  If you are interested in sewing but still waiting for that perfect time to take the plunge, just dive in now and you will see just how not scary it is. Then you will find tons of fabulous blogs with great ideas and soon enough your family won't even be able to pry your busy hands off of your wonderful sewing machine. Just sayin.


 Love,
 Laura H

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! I'm so glad you stopped by to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete